Tuesday, July 15, 2008

don't fear the falling....

Wassup people? As always, hope you're being richly blessed. Today is the day for getting things done and since I've got a great deal done, I decided to throw a blog in. I went home to VA to see the fam this weekend and as always it was a blessing, the older I get, the more I love 'em because I just get refreshed and my get my soul and spirit fed. I come back with a new direction and renewed sense of faith and anticipation for what the Father is doing in my life and those I love. It also doesn't hurt that they have DirecTV (so much better than cable) so I'm able to catch up on my BETJ, the grown folk version of BET (which is so necessary, I mean have you checked out that channel lately, Baldwin Hills, really? We really need a black Hills? The white is awful in itself, let's not copy that nonsense) and thanks to them repeating everything about 70 times over each month I can get my fix. I happened to catch Boris and Nicole (a lovely couple, I know folks love Will and Jada, but B&N have officially taken my top spot, 2nd being Chante and Kenny) and my man Boris was dropping knowledge, which was a healthy change from his usual dropping women's jaws. The interviewer asked them both for advice on relationships and I was glad with both responses. Besides the standard communication, the one that stood out was the acknowledgement that Nicole takes care of her man and Boris takes care of his woman and they both showed no shame in the traditional roles. I think so often, men and women think they will lose their identity when getting into a relationship if they submit to a traditional role. I think this happens because people fall into something not meant for them and they lose themselves.

However, when you truly find that one made for you, I believe you find a piece of yourself that was put there by God in the creation of your soulmate. It will never become apparent until you find that one and begin to give all of yourself to them. Our society has a thing against submission to another, but Christ himself said the greatest has to be a servant to all. We all want power and authority but fail to realize that that involves the enormous sacrifice of being a slave to all and putting all ideas of self to death. A daunting task, to be sure, but necessary for growth and healthy relationships. It's also the fastest way to learn to love others. So the moral of the story: finding the one does not involve losing your identity, but rather realizing another aspect of it and how the Father has formed you and another to be completely in sync. Just be sure that the person is the one for you and release all fear and doubt and trust Him to reveal you to you.

I'm done but before I go, S.o.T.P. : Love is You by Chrisette Michele....

I'll catch you on the flip...peace and blessings as always....