Thursday, June 19, 2008

turning the corner....

I know, I'm trippin' myself about it, two days in a row and I'm blogging? What can I say, things are just happening, which is ironic considering that I have done little this summer. Today alone was one of those days that I can look back on and can honestly say it was a day that will stand out in my past. Today I decided to get out of the way of a lot of people in my life and let them find their happiness, some went well, others not so well, but it was so necessary. I have been claiming now for the past couple years that this year that I turn 30 will be significant and to say it has is an understatement. Knowing that, I had to make a lot of changes to set up for a wonderful future and so God in His patience and goodness gave me the courage to do it. I have to say this, there are so many of us out there where we keep people in our lives because we're afraid to let them know that your season in their life is over. Don't be afraid, we have at so many times a death grip on the past and the way things used to be. That's why people go through midlife crises, thinking they are losing something. We're not losing anything, we're beginning a new thing, everyday and the past is over, it's done. We have to leave it there.
I have this strong love for sad love songs. For the longest, it was because I liked to reminisce about the past and get into my High Fidelity mode (for those who don't know, check the movie). Well, that time is gone. Holding on to anything or even reminiscing about the good times can be dangerous if it affects your outlook on tomorrow. Simply look back on those times for affirmation that there are so many more to come.
So the moral of this story: I'm moving on to bigger and better things. I would just say to those that I'm parting from, it's not a left behind situation, it's a fork in the road and may your road lead you to all the Father has for you and forgive me for my mistakes and know that I'm growing just like anyone. S.o.T.P., it's a throwback: Yearning for your Love by Guy (before Blackstreet, there was Guy, oh yes) Peace and blessings.....


Oh, still playing with new verse, but I figured I'd put another one down since it was a good reception from last time.

Your voice pours out and I'm moved
your smile flashes and I'm through
a princess with wisdom and intellect
I collect your being in every way I can
you relax me with your disposition
and I'm put into submission
without realizing you've stolen my heart
you played the part of a queen
without intent, and not on purpose
but with you it's destined to surface
because it's intertwined with your being
I've now captured Adam's feelings
when first he laid eyes on Eve
to conceive a woman like you
your parents are more than blessed
beyond any standard set
to decipher all your subtleties
to smell your scent in my memories
pure ecstasy in just holding you
molding my body to your own
on the phone molding my mind in kind
knowing in due time our souls, minds, and bodies
will be intertwined as one
fully clothed but naked souls
sharing all that God has put on our hearts
so that when we're apart
I carry your way with me....