Sunday, November 26, 2006

and here comes December....

Hola, people, as always hopes this finds you well. I'm soaking in this week with it's great ups and frustrating downs and realizing that when all is said and done, I came out ahead. Family was a blessing, a new presence in my life is a blessing, and the fact that the semester is coming to a close is a blessing. This entry was supposed to be on the difference between rap and hip hop, but I realized tonight that sometimes I fail to really appreciate the other genres throughout the day, so I threw on the rainy day mix of jazz this evening. Miles Davis, Kind of Blue, can you go wrong? I've heard the man was ornery and downright anti social, but that kind of genius requires a sacrifice, so I guess in his case it was kindness. Was it worth it? You listen to this album and I'm thinking it is.
Anyway, I've felt the need to start writing some verses again, I've gone through the phases where I write frantically and then not at all. Well, franticism sets in again (if that's not a word, I just officially made it one.) A great deal of things has me realizing that it's works best at sorting things out in certain areas more than the blogging does. Don't worry, you guys aren't off the hook, because I think I'll be putting some up for you to suffer through.
As to the title, in a sort of roundabout way, I've meandered my way to what I was going to write about. Christmas time.....lovely time of year..... where as Bart Simpson put it :"Christmas is a time when people of all religions come together to worship Jesus Christ". Hilarious. And how do we celebrate this joyous season? With Black Friday, which I was privileged to see firsthand since my father's truck needed batteries at 5:30 in the AM for him to get to work. Why are there people lining up outside of Bestbuy and Target at 5 AM? For the amazing sales. Hmmm, call me crazy, I'll pay more for the sleep and peace of mind rather than fight the crowds. I will do my traditional shopping at my normal time, the week before Christmas. Always works, I tried actually looking today, but didn't feel right yet. In the meantime, I'll be rockin' the Itunes Christmas list in the new Ipod and preparing myself for the yuletide fun. Time to wrap it up, busy week ahead and counting down the days till the weekend already. Ahh, life.....gotta love the pace of it all. Peace and blessings....One....