Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Where is she? I'm ready...oh she's here? Wait, am I re

Wassup people? As always, hoping to find you blessed with this post. Recent inspiration from TQ and other sources has me writing a new post. Now, personal growth comes from brutal honesty with yourself and the honest truth is we are not perfect and some us are just completely out of wack because we don't realize that fact. Example: I had prayed for years for the One to come along and kept saying I'm ready, I'm ready, what's taking so long? Once she came on the scene, first question popped into my head, "Am I ready for this?" The truth is that whatever comes along that the Father sees fit to bring along into your life, you're never ready. If we were, we wouldn't need Him. The focus should really be instead on being impatient and demanding perfection in those around you. Ask yourself, "Am I'm stepping up? Am I providing honesty and agape love to those around me, or am I blaming everyone else for my own problems and unhappiness?" I've realized all those years that I complained about not finding the right woman, I was delaying the right one because I focused on others rather than myself. I know now that if she'd come anytime before now, it wouldn't have worked, He was still wrapping up loose ends and waiting on me to shut some doors. If I had had my way, I'd screw up my chance at true happiness. Thank God I'm not running my own life. The only thing I can control is my choice to either make today a day about letting Him show me what I can do for others or I can sit and complain how things aren't the way I want them. It's your choice. Remember, you're only ready when He deems it so, not when you do. Change your attitude and your latitude changes as well.

I gotta give a shout out to Mr. Green. I've added his blog to my list of links on the side, always good to see positive brothas not only speaking truth but helping others in our community realize it. Keep doin' ya thing, man.

S.o.T.P. : Hesitation by Eric Roberson...a fitting joint for this post....

Next up: soundtrack of my life

I'm out with the quickness....Peace and blessings...