Sunday, May 18, 2008

2nd day on the road

What is up, subscribers?? I'm sitting right now in a Panera in Indianapolis waiting for my computer to charge. I got on the road yesterday morning from the folks place in VA and drove into Kentucky and camped out underneath the stars up in the Appalachians. It was beautiful, but in a melancholy sort of way. You're surrounded by beauty and the first thing you think is it would be nice to share this someone outside of a 3x5. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to describe all that took place one day to my grandkids. Since then, I got on this morning on the road through KY to here in IN. Where I'm staying is however my fancy is tickled.

One thing I've noticed while being on the road, your thoughts are all over the place pondering everything from what heaven is like to can the Celtics win a championship without winning any road games and winning all home games? Deep questions, I know. A few things came to my attention though that definitely deserve attention.

1) The rumor is that Lauryn Hill is soon to drop a new LP.....if this is true, expect me to not sleep between the time it is confirmed until it drops. I was just listening to the classic "Nothing even matters" from Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (an album by itself that could make top ten albums of ANY genre) and thinking to match this is impossible for any other but her. The rumor was she's been recording steadily since she dropped off the map. If it is true, oh if it is true. I'll keep all updated, but in the meantime just hit up "Exfactor" and tell me that woman can't capture pain perfectly in her voice and lyrics.

2) I hate vanity plates with a passion. In VA, they are cheap as hell and everyone gets one. I just have a problem with the idea that all that defines me can be explained in 7 or 8 alphanumerics on the back of my car. I don't think I could do it in two pages, much less two words or acronyms. Don't fall suspect to it, you are so much more than a quip, trust me.

3) Driving in the rain is not cool, between the reduced traction, you have the on off sprinkle that causes you to switch up the speed of the windshield wipers until you hear that squeak when it's bone dry (like nails on a chalkboard) and then you have the windows fogging up. I love sunshine....

4) The beauty of being on a trip is twofold: it's the ability to get away from the madness and see other perspectives and yet still get home to feel that "home again" feeling. That's why travel is a the best of both worlds.

I'll write more as the trip goes along. Hope all is well with everyone. Peace and blessings....