Thursday, May 01, 2008

Summertime...and the livin' is easy... fish are jumpin...

Hey people, I have had the hardest time trying to focus on impending finals next week without the idea of hitting the road right after that last packet of equations and problems is handed in. I've had a few ideas for the blog, but nothing concrete or pressing and I've been excited about the idea of hitting the road and seeing the country. I'm taking all back roads if I can help it, no highways, you never see anything.

I've accepted the fact that this is my last real "summer" and is a year late. Last summer was spent scrambling to get my master's thesis finished and defended so so many plans were put on hold. With the advent of research this fall and that being practically a year round endeavor until dissertation defense, graduation and back into the real world again, this is my last "On the road" summer. My last chance to live out all my Jack Kerouac fantasies of being carefree and open to new lessons and new experiences.

I have as of late been contemplating things in my past and have come to the conclusion that for all those who's paths have crossed mine, I'm hoping that I had a positive impact in some way because all of you certainly did it for me and let me get on record, that for all the mistakes and pain I brought to your lives, I hope all is forgiven. I was recently asked if I was in love; I'm in love with the future and future of those in my life and all the good things God has in store for me and them. I'm in love with the present and the wonderful relationships I've maintained. I have an affair with the feeling you get when you see a huge tree blowing in the breeze and the sound of thunder in the distance. I lust for that quiet time with my thoughts when I'm sitting on my balcony as the sun goes down. Yeah, I think I am in love, head over heels, unadulterated....with life.

This is probably my segue into the summer series. I promise to post every time I get service for the next month sharing all the little things that will probably bore you to tears but hopefully capture your imagination as well. Peace be unto y'all.......