Monday, February 11, 2008

1st post of 08: appreciate what you have before it's gone

What's up people! This first post of the year is dedicated to my sister, since I think she's the only one who consistently checks this to see if I've updated it. Love ya, Steph.....

So with the start of a new year, a month already done, and Valentine's coming up, I sense a hint of love in the air. People tend to want to find love in a new year if they are alone and when Valentine's comes around, folks desire it a little more. However, I got to stress one thing, be sure you're ready for the right person. In this day of instant everything at our fingertips, we expect love to be the same and tailor made to fit what we want, instead of realizing what is good for us. We must all realize that looking for love shouldn't involve looking back, with the number of people in this world, there must be literally thousands that we all can fall in love with and enough in common to make it work. I recently read someone's blog saying that she didn't believe in marriage, but she believed in soulmates. I was confused by this, because I would think if a woman were MY soulmate, I would want to let the world know for life that she was the person meant for me and me for her.

I guess my point is we have this sense of how love should be and that we deserve it right now, but I'm realizing you have to love yourself first. So many times in the past I wanted someone there with me because I didn't want to focus on myself. I had to learn that the hard way a few times. I wanted love when I saw others had it, even though I wasn't ready. I wanted love when those I tried it with found it with someone else. There are so many reasons why we search for it, but the only reason we should have in our heads is I want love because I want to sacrifice all my pride, fear, doubt, anger and dedicate my life to making someone else's life the best that it can be. How often do we think of wanting love that doesn't include a reason involving our wants? Focus on fulfilling the wants of someone else and finding someone who shares the same sentiment. And just be patient, He started a good work in you, He's faithful to complete it. I'm out.......pEaCe.....