Tuesday, July 25, 2006

2 much 2 soon

There's a quote in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind that I love where Jim says, "Why do I fall in love with every woman who shows me the slightest bit of attention?" I once was at that place when I was younger, but now that I have a lil experience, I've realized something that stems from the same feeling. I know a guy in this situation. Fell hard for somebody, in his mind had made her out to be everything he wanted and I told him to take it slow, realize everything about her, that chemicals work fast, but he was confident that she was the one. Now he has doubts, not that he's told me, rather he asks questions about how a relationship should be: how different can she be from me, do I want someone to be just like me or just someone I can relate to, am I comparing her to my ex too much. For all those out there, don't show your cards too soon like my man and wait until the endorphines wear off and truly see what she can offer you and what you can offer her. Now, he has to deal with having her heart and he's not completely sure if he wants the responsiblity. There's an African proverb: Before marriage, keep both eyes open, after marriage, keep one eye closed. Leave it to the motherland to bring true wisdom. Peace..........