Sunday, April 02, 2006

growing up into a kid

Ladies and gents, I hope this blog finds you well. Today was a reminiscing day. To reflect on how experience, or rather learning from experiences really does give you wisdom. About a month ago, I had read some old journals from back in undergrad from about 8-10 years ago. Crap, I just showed my age. Anywho, it was interesting to realize that I've done some growing. Mentality of the 19 year old me was very different from now. Was anyone else girl crazy at that time? I sure was. The biggest thing that changed for me, sounds cliche, but here it is: see through the eyes of the next man or woman. This becomes easier with experience. Leads me to my grind my gears statement for the day. People who can't connect pain of being mistreated by others to the same pain they inflict on others. How people can't connect those is beyond me. It tooke a while, but I figured it out. Everytime I screwed someone else in the past, came back on me tenfold. Probably make little difference now, but to all those in high school/college that I hurt in some way, my deepest apologies and know that it came back on me afterward within the past four years. But I came out a better man. I just finished my job of working with kids for the past three weeks and you learn so much by watching them. I saw pain inflicted by kids who had felt it themselves whether by other kids or in their home life. But the breath of fresh air came in those children who showed the genuine kindness and reminded me of that song by Earth Wind and Fire: "a child is born with a heart of gold, but they way of the world, makes his heart grow cold." My heart had been cold a while, but it's thawing and pray that those kids with genuine golden hearts never lose that. This world is weary enough with pain, we need those who seek to lift others up. Peace, love and blessings of Elohim for you and yours....