Friday, October 23, 2009

don't wanna be a player no more....

Wassup subscribers! Alot has happened in the past month. I lost my first grandparent who was called home to be with the Cornerstone and I can't wait to see her again in Paradise. I decided to make an honest woman out of the only person in the world who not only can truly put up with me, but love me and enjoy on top of the that. How do you pass someone like that up? Even better, it ties into my blog topic today.

For those who know me, I'm not really a fan of talk shows in general but really can't stand the fact that Tyra continues to have one (an Emmy really? So there IS a casting couch for award shows! Should have figured it out when Marisa Tomei won an Oscar...) so I find myself checking periodically when she's on to see how many personal references on her part are taking place on there to get a good laugh. The other day, she had on so called "playas" and decided to check on it to see Tyra's superior logic and interviewing skills. That lasted 2 sec. Then I just listened to the guys. Besides the fact that one of the guys was a total clown and hit on anything with breasts (the shotgun effect, works for even ugly dudes) one cat said something interesting. He didn't believe in marriage (although he's living with a girl now) and then mentioned the fact that he saw his mother who was successful, had a career, advanced degree, and then got married and all when out the window for a man that wasn't worth it. After that, his relationship was never the same with her and he lost all respect for women and decided to use them for whatever he wanted.

Now in that 2 min he talked, you can spend a year on all the subtle contexts that leap from this guy and apply it to life. The one I wanted to choose was the fact that this man made a life decision based on a mistake his mother did. So many times I've heard people ask why do bad things happen to good people and how can God let things happen in this life that do. A complex answer but in the simplest terms: free will. We desire to live in our own independence, do what we want, go where we desire, be with who we want, thinking that we are the best judges of our own life. Little do we know our smallest actions affect not only the people around us but generations to come. We have free will and we chose it but failed to realize that what we do affects other's negatively and vice versa and He can't impinge on free will. So we live in a world dominated by other's choices and the consequences of those who lived for the past few thousand years. Solution? Give up this independence that has done nothing but bring us to a point of frustration, bitterness, and fear and depend on Elohim for everything. If I hadn't made that decision to let Him lead me, where would I be? Where would those be who I've blessed, helped, or inspired? Where would I be if those in my life hadn't choose to follow Yeshua's will and done the same for me? Who would I be with if I had not chosen the queen He made only for me? Complete with independence and no peace, joy, or hope that our lives are meaningful, world changing, and glorious.

So think about your actions, even the little ones. You may want something that's not your time to have it or not to have it all and you think why not me? I deserve it. Who could it be affecting? Your family, your friends, your children? And will they judge that life is unfair when it doesn't work out and give them their own jaded views on life? Step lightly and take His hand. It's time to get this world back to what it was meant to be..... I'm out....